Dormello Dispersal at the May SaleTuesday, Apr 12, 2011
The 2011 National Weanling, Broodmare and Mixed Bloodstock Sale will see 119 Lots from Dormello Stud go under the hammer on an unreserved basis, with lots including weanlings, broodmares, yearlings, two-year-olds and race horses on offer.
Dormello Stud is the home of the sire son of Redoute's Choice in Duelled (ex Leica Pretender by Sir Tristram) who has been well supported during his time at Dormello. Like many well bred sons of Redoute's Choice, Duelled was a strong performer on the track, winning the Group 2 Mooney Valley AAMI Vase (2050m) beating the VRC Derby winner Benicio in the process.
From a strong family, Duelled is from the unraced Sir Tristram mare Leica Pretender and is a three-quarter-brother to the Group 1 VRC Derby winner and successful sire Nothin' Leica Dane, the sire of the multiple Group 1 winner Hot Danish.
"Duelled has sired 10 individual winners thus far in Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and New Zealand with his best horse to date being Shootoff who ran third in the Group One Spring Champion Stakes in Sydney," said Murray Gregory from Dormello Stud.
"Another Duelled colt to show considerable promise is Endor from the Rogerson Stable and a Queensland Autumn campaign is planned for him next month."
Murray has outlined that sadly, due to a series of factors, Dormello Stud has decided to relocate the stallion.
"Basically due to the ill health of one of the partners and the re-focussing of Graeme Rogerson's racing activities, the decision has been made to relocate the stallion Duelled and to sell the broodmares that were purchased to support him at Stud and their progeny.
"This decision has been made reluctantly and after much deliberation, as the progeny by Duelled are now showing considerable promise on the racetrack, particularly over a bit of ground."
"After consultation with NZB, it was decided to incorporate the Dormello Stud bloodstock in the National Weanling, Broodmare & Mixed Bloodstock Sale, on an unreserved basis to encourage potential buyers from all corners to seize this opportunity to look for jewels from this genuine dispersal sale.
"Buyers will have over 45 mares to choose from in foal to Duelled, Savabeel, Keeper and Fast 'N' Famous, and 38 weanlings, 28 yearlings, five race horses and one unraced filly to purchase from. The yearlings are unbroken and totally un-tried, so offer great potential for prospective buyers."
Among the host of thoroughbreds on offer in the un-reserved Dormello draft are:
• Lot 8, the colt by Duelled from the Listed winning and Group 3 placed mare Rosa Marada (Yamanin Vital).
• Lot 33, from the Danzig mare Shynzi, the colt is by the Cox Plate winning son of Zabeel in Savabeel and is a three-quarter-brother to the Cox Plate winner Maldivian (Zabeel).
• Lot 42, the filly by Duelled from the Sir Tristram mare Sparkle 'N Shine, a sister to the Group 1 winner Tristalove, dam of Viking Ruler, Lovetrista and Kempinsky, she is also a three-quarter-sister to Don Eduardo.
• Lot 176, the colt by Savabeel from the Volksraad mare Dance on Fire, he is a half-brother to the Group 2 winner Fire Song (Senor Pete).
• Lot 258, the filly by Savabeel from the Group 3 winner Justine Coup (Entrepreneur), the family of the Group 1 winning mare Royal Regatta (Sea Anchor).
• Lot 303, the colt by Duelled from the Last Tycoon mare Maybe Yes, he is a half-brother to the Group 1 winner The Mighty Lions (Grosvenor), the SGP-3 placed Promise Keeper and stakes placed Grandissima. It is also the family of the Group 1 winner Pressday (Doomsday).
• Lot 334, the filly by Duelled from the Black Minnaloushe mare Notawordtomary, a half-sister to the Group 1 winner Red Ruler (Viking Ruler).
• Lot 451, the Danzig mare Shynzi, the daughter of the four time Listed winning mare Shywing (Wing Out), she is the dam of the Cox Plate, Yalumba Stakes and CF Orr Stakes winner Maldivian (Zabeel). She has been served by Savabeel.
• Lot 536, Bewildered, the mare by Keeper from the three-time Centaine winning mare Kharlie Princess, a three-quarter-sister to the dam of the Group 1 winner Glamour Puss (Tale of the Cat) and the Doncaster Handicap winner Vision and Power (Carnegie). She has been served by Duelled.
• Lot 609, Glamorize, the Pins mare from Kaapstad Glamour (Kaapstad), a half-sister to the Group 1 winning Champion NZ 2YO Grout - Raider (Gold Brose). She has been served by Duelled.
• Lot 727, the yearling filly by Duelled from the Star Way mare Star Tudor, a daughter of the Group 1 winner Tudor Light (All Alight), she is a half-sister to the Group 1 winner Our Tristalight (Sir Tristram), dam of the Group 1 winning sire Danske (Danehill), and Group 2 winner Tudor Sky (Mussorgsky).
• Lot 748, the yearling colt by Duelled from Eyes On (Palatable), a full-sister to the Group 3 winners (Our) Peach Melba and Eyes On, the dam of the Group 1 winner Gaze (Cape Cross).
The 2011 May Sale catalogue features blue corners to indicate horses that are being offered under the Dormello Stud Unreserved Dispersal Sale.
The 2011 National Broodmare, Weanling & Mixed Bloodstock Sale will be held at the Karaka Sale Complex from 2 - 4 May. For a catalogue please contact New Zealand Bloodstock on 09 298 0055 or email@example.com. The catalogue can also be viewed online at www.nzb.co.nz.