95th National Yearling Sales Series
Karaka Million: 23 January at Ellerslie
Sale: 24 - 29 January at Karaka
Karaka 2021 is set to showcase the very best New Zealand thoroughbreds, with Book 1 commencing selling across three days from Sunday 24 January, followed immediately by Book 2 on Wednesday 27 through to Friday 29 January.
NZB’s recent announcement regarding the build of their new online bidding platform, adapted from their proven online auction subsidiary gavelhouse.com, describes the access buyers will have to a real-time stream of the sale broadcast and ability to bid remotely with ease from laptops, tablets or mobile phone devices. The platform is due to debut at the upcoming Ready to Run Sale.
THE KIWI EDGE
- Ten NZ-bred horses claimed Group One honours in Australia during the 2019-20 season alone. The likes of Kolding (NZ), Miami Bound (NZ), Melody Belle (NZ), Probabeel (NZ), Probabeel (NZ), Te Akau Shark (NZ), The Bostonian (NZ), Tofane (NZ), Toffee Tongue (NZ) and Verry Elleegant (NZ) were all sourced from lush New Zealand pastures.
- A staggering 46% of all Group One winners in Hong Kong in the last two seasons were sourced at Karaka. Plus, in the entire history of the coveted Hong Kong Derby, NZ horses have been the number one source of winners including 2020 winner Golden Sixty.
- The source of classic horses, NZ-bred fillies won 75% of all Group One Oaks races run in Australia and NZ last season. Not only this, a total of 31 NZ-bred Group winners won 36 Group races in Australia last season, despite representing just 6.9% of the racing population.
- More than half (51%) of all stakes races in Singapore from 2016 - 2020 have been won by NZ-bred or sold horses.
- NZ-bred or sold horses dominated the local racing scene, claiming 95% of all Group One races in NZ last season.
Karaka - the source of success.
Catalogue due out November 2020.
For any sale enquiries, contact the NZB Bloodstock team here.