Karaka May Sale Update
Friday, March 20, 2020
The government’s announcement made yesterday regarding mass public gatherings and travel restrictions due to COVID-19 has resulted in doubt around the 2020 Karaka May Sale due to be held at Karaka on Friday 15 May.
Given that there was no hint on when these restrictions will end, New Zealand Bloodstock will delay the decision on the future of the Sale until Wednesday 15 April, unless an update on the situation is received earlier.
Should there be no update on 15 April as to whether these restrictions might end, NZB will consult with various stakeholders to either:
1. Postpone the Sale to Sunday 7 June if there is more than reasonable confidence the restrictions on travel and mass gatherings will be lifted by then; or
2. Cancel the Sale. If this is the case, offering those horses for sale online on NZB’s subsidiary, gavelhouse.com, is a viable alternative.
For any queries, contact Bloodstock Sales Manager, Danny Rolston or Director and Operations Manager James Jennings.