Quality Bloodlines in 2021 Ready to Run Sale Catalogue
15 September 2021
New Zealand Bloodstock’s Ready to Run Sale has earned its stellar international reputation through the remarkable racetrack results of its graduates, along with the acclaimed horsemanship skills of its many respected vendors and preparers. But the catalogue is also never short of high-quality pedigree credentials, and 2021 is no exception to that rule.
This year’s catalogue features 23 siblings to stakes winners, as well as the progeny of no fewer than 26 stakes-winning racemares. Buyers will also have the opportunity to access the progeny of more than 30 mares who are all siblings to Group One winners.
Notable highlights among the 2021 Ready to Run Sale catalogue include:
- Lot 23 is a colt by superb Australian sire Not A Single Doubt out of the stakes-winning mare Valpolicella (NZ) (Red Ransom), who is also the dam of Group Two winners Vavasour (NZ) (Redoute’s Choice) and Vilanova (NZ) (Commands), Group Three winner Celebrity Dream (NZ) (Thorn Park) and the multiple Group One placegetter Rondinella (NZ) (Ocean Park). This lot is offered on account of Ohukia Lodge.
- Lot 41 is only the fourth horse ever offered at Karaka by the immortal racehorse Frankel, who has been a dominant sire in the UK this season with 13 stakes winners including classic heroes Adayar and Hurricane Lane. This colt is offered by Riversley Park and is a half-brother to the Group Two Villiers Stakes (1600m) winner All Legal (Al Maher). The dam, Azardi (Desert Prince), is a half-sister to the superb Hong Kong miler Glorious Days (Hussonet) and two other stakes winners.
- Lot 64’s sire Deep Field has proven to be a prolific source of winners and this colt has the credentials to follow suit. Offered from Regal Farm’s draft, he is out of an unraced Fusaichi Pegasus mare Carlina, whose half-siblings include Mauritius Horse of the Year Parachute Man (High Chaparral), along with Rosa Perlato (Encosta de Lago) – the dam of Group Two winner and Group One Australian Guineas placegetter Hawkshot (Fiorente) and Listed winner Power Scheme (Fiorente).
- Lot 96 is offered by Lilywhites Lodge from the second-to-last New Zealand crop of superb shuttle stallion Iffraaj. This colt is a three-quarter-brother to the brilliant Group One New Zealand 2000 Guineas (1600m), Emirates Stakes (1600m) and Futurity Stakes (1600m) winner Turn Me Loose (NZ) (Iffraaj). Himself also a Ready to Run Sale graduate, Turn Me Loose has made a promising start to his stallion career at Windsor Park Stud.
- Lot 107 is by all-conquering Kiwi sire Savabeel and is a full-brother to Milford (NZ) (Savabeel), who won this year’s Listed Gingernuts Salver (2100m) and was runner-up in the Group One New Zealand Derby (2400m). The dam is unraced mare Etiquette (NZ) (O’Reilly), who is a full-sister to four-time Group One winner and quality sire Sacred Falls (NZ) (O’Reilly). This lot is offered by Ohukia Lodge.
- Lot 108 is another blue-blooded son of Savabeel who is a full-brother to the Group One New Zealand Oaks (2400m) and Livamol Classic (2040m) heroine Savvy Coup (NZ) (Savabeel). He is also closely related to one of New Zealand’s very best current racehorses, the triple Group One winner Probabeel (NZ) (Savabeel).
- Lot 112 hails from Curraghmore, who will offer this first foal out of the Group One New Zealand Oaks (2400m) and Group Two Adelaide Cup (3200m) winner Fanatic (NZ) (Shocking). This gelding is by first-season sire Churchill, an English 2000 Guineas (1600m) winner who has already sired a stakes winner and two blacktype placegetters among his early runners in the northern hemisphere.
- Lot 141 is a three-quarter-brother to one of the Ready to Run Sale’s flagship graduates, Te Akau Shark (NZ) (Rip Van Winkle), whose seven sparkling victories from just 14 starts included the Group One Waikato Sprint (1400m) and Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m). He also placed in the Group One Cox Plate (2040m), Epsom Handicap (1600m) and George Ryder Stakes (1500m). This colt will be offered by Ohukia Lodge.
- Lot 218 is a Sacred Falls colt whose dam is a blood-sister to multiple Group One winner Savvy Coup (NZ) (Savabeel) and a three-quarter-sister to multiple Group Two winner Ocean Emperor (NZ) (Zabeel). This is also the family of the top-class Probabeel, as well as the recent Listed Wanganui Fillies’ Stakes (1200m) winner Bellacontte (NZ) (Burgundy).
- Offered on account of Woburn Farm, Lot 229 is a Savabeel colt out of Okahu Bay (Flying Spur), who won the Group Three South Australian Fillies’ Classic (2500m) and placed in the Listed Murray Bridge Gold Cup (1600m). He is a close relative to One For One (Duke of Marmalade), who won the Listed Poseidon Stakes (1400m) at Flemington, while other relatives include Group One winner Calveen (NZ) (Canny Lad) and Group One placegetters Kosi Bay (NZ) (Spinning World) and Striker (NZ) (Van Nistelrooy).
- Lot 246 is a Sacred Falls (NZ) colt who is a half-brother to this year’s Group One Queensland Derby (2400m) hero Kukeracha
(NZ) (Night of Thunder). Consigned by Ohukia Lodge, this lot has another half-sibling in Cameo (Shamardal), who won the Group Three Keith Nolan Classic (1600m) and placed in the Group Two Edward Manifold Stakes (1600m).
- Lot 267 is a filly bred on the great Tavistock x Zabeel cross offered by Curraghmore. This lot is out of Ritzy Lady (NZ) (Zabeel) who won the Listed New Zealand St Leger (2500m) and placed in the Group Two Counties Cup (2100m). Ritzy Lady is the dam of three winners including Le Societe (Anabaa), who placed in the Group Three Cockram Stakes (1200m) and is also the dam of a blacktype performer.
- Lot 285 is by Cambridge Stud’s exciting first-season sire Almanzor. Prepared by Riversley Park, this gelding is the first foal out of Savvy Dreams (NZ) (Savabeel), who placed in the Group One New Zealand Oaks (2400m) and Group Three Lowland Stakes (2100m). Savvy Dreams is also a three-quarter-sister to Shezzacatch (NZ) (Savabeel), who won last season’s Listed El Roca Trophy (1200m). This is also the family of Group One performer Octapussy (Octagonal), who is the dam of the high-class mares Pussy Willow (NZ) (O’Reilly) and Pussy O’Reilly (NZ) (O’Reilly), while another relative is the top-quality racehorse and broodmare Valpolicella (NZ) (Red Ransom).
NZB’s Ready to Run Sale is the world’s undisputed leading sale of two-year-olds and has been a launchpad to Group One stardom for the likes of Golden Sixty (Medaglia d’Oro), Te Akau Shark (NZ) (Rip Van Winkle), Beat the Clock (Hinchinbrook), Mongolian Khan (Holy Roman Emperor), Gingernuts (NZ) (Iffraaj) and Turn Me Loose (NZ) (Iffraaj).
This year’s quality catalogue of 322 two-year-olds will go under the hammer at Karaka on 17 and 18 November.
NZB will again be offering extended Breeze Up clips for every horse entered in the Ready to Run Sale, including additional footage prior to the 200 metre mark, with the last 200 metres of their work also filmed and timed. Breeze Ups will be held at Te Rapa Racecourse on 11 and 12 October.
View the full catalogue online here.
Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 October – Breeze Ups at Te Rapa Racecourse
Wednesday 17 & Thursday 18 November - NZB’s Ready to Run Sale of Two-Year-Olds at Karaka with online bidding available.