NZB Ready to Run Catalogue Now OnlineTuesday, Sep 25, 2012
The catalogue for the most successful sale of two-year-olds in Australasia – New Zealand Bloodstock’s Ready to Run Sale (20 & 21 November) – is now available online and on the free iPad application.
A Sale that consistently sees its graduates perform at the highest level, New Zealand Bloodstock’s Ready to Run Sale has produced nine individual Group 1 winners in the last five seasons and has averaged 14 individual stakes winners every season over the same period.
The Ready to Run Sale has come off another highly successful season which saw its graduates win two Group 1 races in Australia and Hong Kong, and claim three Derby titles to take the Sale’s Derby tally to six since 2010.
Sangster (Savabeel) was a headline performer for the Ready to Run Sale last year proving one of the best spring three-year-olds in Australia last season with his runaway success in the Group 1 VRC Derby. He was one of three graduates to win Derbies last season with Mr Ambassador (Danasinga) winning the Perak Derby and Fay Fay (Falkirk) winning the coveted Hong Kong Derby.
Also in Hong Kong, the warhorse Able One (Cape Cross) won his third, and arguably most prestigious Group 1 race, the Hong Kong Mile. Able One received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the HKJC’s 2012 Champion Awards in recognition of his outstanding contribution to Hong Kong and international racing.
With Karaka graduates claiming eight of the 11 Champion Awards for last season, fellow Ready to Run graduate Glorious Days (Hussonet) was also successful earning the Champion Award for Hong Kong’s Most Improved Horse.
Graduates have also been making headlines in Singapore with Flying Fulton (Flying Spur) taking two stakes wins this season alone. The Ready to Run Sale has some hugely promising three-year-olds in Singapore including Super Ninetyseven (Show a Heart), Huka Falls (Align) and Silveron Warrior (Spartacus) who have collectively won five of their six starts.
In addition, with Six O’Clock News (Zabeel) winning the Group 3 Trentham Stakes/Group 2 Wellington Cup double, Linton (Galileo) winning the Group 3 RA Lee Stakes and Folding Gear (Johar) taking his third Group win in Saturday’s Naturalism Stakes, the Ready to Run Sale is unmatched when it comes to track success.
The New Zealand Ready to Run Sale has produced a Group 1 winner from every Sale for the last 10 years and this year’s catalogue features 407 well-bred athletic two-year-olds by a leading selection of 115 New Zealand and Australian sires.
With 370 of the 407 entries colts and geldings, some of the many highlights on offer include:
- Siblings to over 30 stakes winners including New Zealand’s Champion 3YO and Group 1 NZ Derby winner Silent Achiever (O’Reilly), Group 1 Singapore Krisflyer International Sprint winner Green Birdie (Catbird), Group 1 Easter Handicap winner Pasta Post (Postponed) and more.
- Progeny from 19 stakes winning mares including Group 1 winners Deebee Belle (Bin Ajwaad), Fayreform (Tights), Moire (Crested Wave) and Group 2 winners Pulcinella (Stravinsky) and Star Affair (Star Way).
- Seven two-year-olds by Australia’s Champion Sire Fastnet Rock and 11 from New Zealand’s Champion Sire O’Reilly who has made a great start to the 2012/13 season with Sacred Falls, Emerald Queen and the hugely promising Mosse.
- Two-year-olds by hot young sires including Bernardini, Casino Prince, Darci Brahma, Elusive City, Falkirk, Iffraaj, Savabeel, Starcraft and Stratum.
- Leading New Zealand and Australian sires are all well represented with two-year-olds by, Commands, Danehill Dancer, Encosta de Lago, Exceed and Excel, High Chaparral, Lonhro, Pentire, Pins, Redoute’s Choice, Stravinsky, Testa Rossa, Thorn Park, Volksraad, Zabeel and more.
The Ready to Run Sale will be held on 20 & 21 November 2012 at Karaka and catalogues are available now. Breeze Ups will be held on 15 & 16 October with DVD copies of the Breeze Ups available from 23 October.
To view New Zealand Bloodstock’s Ready to Run Sale catalogue online, click here.
To request your copy please email Receptionist Faye Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 (0)9 298 0055. For more information visit www.nzb.co.nz.