NZB Spring Mixed Bloodstock Sale Online NowThursday, Sep 3, 2009
New Zealand Bloodstock's decision to stage the Spring Mixed Bloodstock Sale at Karaka on Friday 25 September has been well rewarded with a quality catalogue of seventy-five assembled.
Click for Online Catalogue
Twin Pines will again provide the majority of catalogue, accounting for sixty of the seventy five entries, all of which will be offered unreserved (80% of the catalogue).
The catalogue is comprised of 24 broodmares, 31 yearlings, eight two-year-olds, eight untried horses and four racehorses.
The two clear highlights of the Sale come in the form of some promising racing prospects.
Lot 62 - Two Year Old - Bay Filly - Exceed and Excel x Wrap Around (Bletchingly) - Twin Pines
· By Darley's well-performed sprinter Exceed and Excel this two-year-old filly is from outstanding Group 1 MVRC William Reid Stakes winner Wrap Around.
· Carrying tremendous residual value this filly is a half-sister to the dam of Champion Australian 2YO filly Fashions Afield, and a half-sister to Twist My Heart whose yearlings have made up to $1,100,000 in 2009.
· This filly is broken-in and ready to go.
Lot 68 - Three Year Old - Brown Colt - Savabeel x Shafty Lady (Last Tycoon) - The Liens Act
· Just turned three, this colt is by highly promising young sire Savabeel, already the sire of two stakes-winners from his first crop.
· His dam Shafty Lady has produced four winners from four runners including this season's Group 1 West Australian Derby winner Markus Maximus and Group 3 Manawatu Cup winner Nanjara.
· Fetching $150,000 as a yearling, this quality colt is broken-in.
With the breeding season in full-swing by Sale time, broodmare prospects could be viewed as quick turn-over projects for breeders buoyed by the recent resurgence in the economy and future opportunities at home and abroad for New Zealand thoroughbreds.
The Karaka Spring Sale will see broodmares for sale by commercially proven sires such as Bletchingly, Canny Lad, Catbird, Danehill, Danzero, Kaapstad, Last Tycoon, Marauding, Redoute's Choice, Red Ransom, Rory's Jester and Show a Heart.
Lot 2 - La Luciole (2001) - Last Tycoon x Mamzelle Perdu (Vite Cheval) - Twin Pines
· A young mare by broodmare sire extraordinaire Last Tycoon, this mare's dam and half-brother Oamaru Storm both won nine up to Group 3 and Listed level respectively.
· With offspring by French Deputy, Undoubtedly and Postponed on deck, La Luciole is sold in-foal to Ekraar. LSD 20/10/2008.
Lot 8 - Red Mariete (2000) - Red Ransom x Fleet Marguerite (Gulch) - Twin Pines
· A young mare by Red Ransom, Red Mariete is a half-sister to two stakes-performers including Group 3 Waikato Guineas winner Blimey O'Reilly and Macau Guineas winner Strategy (Danehill).
· At stud Red Mariete has left two foals to race including promising three time winner Netravati (Success Express) and four time winner Akoya (Twining). She is sold in-foal to Postponed. LSD 17/12/2008.
Lot 9 - Redoute's Belle (2001) - Redoute's Choice x Belle Bellotto (Bellotto) - Twin Pines
· This young mare visited Hussonet in her first season at stud and is sold with a Mr. Nancho foal at foot. LSD 21/09/2008.
· Her dam Belle Bellotto was placed in the Group 3 Mannerism Stakes and has produced a full-sister to Lot 9 in Rosecutter to win four races.
Lot 14 - Wrap Around (1987) - Bletchingly x Beach Gown (Cerreto) - Twin Pines
· The Group 1 winning grand-dam of Champion Australian 2YO filly Fashions Afield, Wrap Around is sold with a positive test to Postponed. LSD 6/12/2008.
· Her four-year-old Commands daughter Intuit was stakes placed last season and ran mid-field in the Group 1 Flight Stakes.
Lot 18 - Che Bella Mia (1999) - Danehill x Future World (Gulch) - Twin Pines
· Herself Listed placed, Che Bella Mia has two current promising half-siblings including three-time winner and Group 3 fourth placegetter Al's Best Mate.
· Che Bella Mia's first foal is speedy two-time winner Run Bella Run (More Than Ready), while she has a rising two-year-old colt by Testa Rossa, who was purchased by the Hong Kong Jockey Club, still to run for her.
· With yearlings selling up to $300,000, Che Bella Mia is sold empty giving breeders the chance to get an early service.
Lot 22 - Eurotec (1997) - Marauding x Shorwon (Buena Shore) - Twin Pines
· From a family full of black type, Eurotec is a half sibling to five stakes performers including two winners of the Group 3 Adelaide Guineas.
· A winner of two races, Eurotec has Diatribe, Charge Forward and Postponed offspring still to race and is sold in-foal to Ekraar. LSD 1/12/2008.
Lot 24 - Kapin Hand (1997) - Kaapsatd x Regal Realm (Vice Regal) - Twin Pines
· A full sister to the well performed stakes winner Regency, Kapin Hand is a half-sibling to a further three stakes performed horses.
· Having left five time winner Determination (Show A Heart) at her first foal, Kapin Hand is sold in-foal to Great Britain. LSD 9/10/2008.
Amongst the selection of yearlings, buyers will find considerable choice as this age group makes up the majority of the catalogue.
Highlight lots include:
Lot 27 - Brown Filly - O'Reilly x Little Jess (Tuscany Flyer) - Medhurst Farm
· By one of Australasia's leading stallions in O'Reilly, this filly is the first foal of six time winning sprinter Little Jess who was twice stakes placed.
Also on offer are daughters of Wrap Around and Eurotec whose residual value should appeal to buyers at Lot 40 and 50 respectively.
Of the two-year-olds whose sires include Exceed and Excel, Johannesburg and Viking Ruler the previously mentioned Lot 62 will hold plenty of appeal as should:
Lot 59 - Brown Colt - Ekraar x Royal Med (Medieval Man) - Twin Pines
· This colt by promising young sire Ekraar is a half-brother to dual Group 2 winner Millennium and Group 1 South Australian Derby placed Kamsky (Generous).
This colt's three-year-old full sister will be offered at Lot 67.
Lastly four racehorses will be offered including daughters of Montjeu, Pins and Lucky Owners plus Lot 74, Adrika (More Than Ready). She is out of a stakes producing A.P. Indy mare and a successful international family.
Hard copies of the Spring Mixed Bloodstock Sale will be available by request from email@example.com from Wednesday 9 September.
Supplementary entries for the Sale will be accepted until Monday 21 September, click here to download an entry form.