2022 National Online Yearling Sale Live on NZB
4 April 2022
For the second year, the digital addition to NZB’s National Yearling Sales Series is set to be conducted on Gavelhouse Plus, with bidding closing on Wednesday 20 April from 6PM (NZT).
The Online Sale launched on the NZB website today, with a select catalogue of 87 yearlings set to go under the virtual hammer.
Renowned vendors from across New Zealand are supporting the Sale, with a contingent of 43 proven, emerging and first season sires offered. The quality line up includes progeny by Kiwi heavyweights Charm Spirit, Darci Brahma, Iffraaj, Ocean Park, Proisir, Reliable Man, Shocking and more.
The best of New Zealand’s emerging sire talent are also represented, with yearlings by Almanzor, Belardo, Preferment, Satono Aladdin, Sweynesse, Tarzino, Telperion, Turn Me Loose, Time Test, Vadamos and War Decree, just to name a few.
There are also a number of yearlings from stakes-winning families, including a full sibling to Group One winner Rock On Wood (NZ) (Redwood).
- Cambridge Stud will offer Lot 11, a filly by their resident stallion Almanzor out of Dansili mare Aumale, a winner at 2000 metres in France. Hailing from an international family, this filly is related to Group One Irish One Thousand Guineas winner Just The Judge (Lawman).
- Lot 16 is an Ocean Park filly out of O’Reilly mare Cardrona (NZ). Offered by Phoenix Park, she is closely related to Champion 3YO Sprinter in Malaysia Perfect Pins (Pins) and multiple stakes-winner Palace General (O’Reilly).
- Southern-based Inglewood Stud have put forward a War Decree filly out of Darci Brahma mare Enchanted Light (NZ) in Lot 31. This Lot’s dam is a half-sister to Group Two Hawke’s Bay Guineas and Wellington Guineas winner Kayora (Bachelor Duke), as well as Group One sire Roc De Cambes (Red Ransom).
- Lot 39, an Almanzor colt out of Montjeu mare Game Duchess is offered by Cambridge Stud. This Lot is a half-brother to Group winners Dark Princess (NZ) (Cape Blanco) and Exquisite Jewel (NZ) (Lucky Unicorn) and is also from the same family as Group One Vinery Stud Stakes winner Hiyaam (High Chaparral).
- Offered on account of Cambria Park is Lot 76, a filly by Redwood out of Rock On Rye (Catcher in the Rye). She is a full sister to Group One Captain Cook Stakes winner Rock On Wood.
The National Online Yearling Sale catalogue will be available to view on Gavelhouse Plus from Friday 8 April. Bidding will run for a two-day period, commencing Monday 18 April 9AM (NZT) with the first lot closing on Wednesday 20 April at 6PM (NZT). Buyers must register on Gavelhouse Plus in advance in order to gain bidding approval.
All horses purchased in the Online Sale catalogue are eligible for the lucrative Karaka Million Series, with two $1 million features available for graduates as two and three-year-olds, plus the $110,000 Collinson Forex Karaka Cup for the duration of their career.
All horses will be inspected by NZB Agents who are available to assist buyers with enquiries and buyers can also contact vendors to arrange their own on farm/private viewings. View the 2022 National Online Yearling Sale parade schedule here.
Vendors have supplied photos and video footage to give prospective buyers the best possible information about each lot on offer. View a full list of vendor contacts here.
View the 87-lot catalogue here.